The Modem M64 is a two-way half-duplex 64bps acoustic modem with a robust and user configurable data link.
The M64 sets a new market standard with its record-breaking physical size, low power requirement and cost. All this combined with a very useful technical specification, the M64 opens new possibilities for underwater communication in both existing and new areas.
- AUV telemetry
- ROV wireless control
- Wireless subsea sensors
- Research projects
- Any scenario where you need to wirelessly control and monitor subsea equipment
- Omnidirectional operation which will keep the data link stable even when the modem is in motion and/or being rotated around its axes.
- Fully self-contained with no requirements for external computers, top-side controllers or other devices.
- Packet based protocol with extensive use of error detection to enable a highly robust transmission.
- Wide range of available frequencies enabling easy adaptation to local environments
- The integrated status LED makes it easy to confirm that the communication link is established and when data is transferred.
- Serial 115200 baud UART 3,3V interface makes the M64 easy to integrate with other subsea equipment like sensors, ROVs and AUVs.
- Easy to use API to transmit/receive packages etc.
- Can operate simultaneous with Underwater GPS.
- Extremely small size enabling easy integration in other equipment.
- Very low power consumption.
- Highly robust operation, also in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations etc.)
- Depth rated to 300 meters.
|Device diameter||: 30 mm|
|Device length||: 112 mm|
|Device weight (air)||: 128 grams|
|Depth rating||: 300 meters|
|Operating temperature||: -10 to 60 °C|
|ELECTRICAL / INTERFACE|
|Input voltage||: 10-18 V|
|Power consumption||: 216 mA at 12V|
|Physical interface||: 2 meter open ended cable, 4 wires (pwr/serial), ø6.3 mm|
|Indicator||: Status LED (Power, Link, Data)|
|Communication||: UART 115200 baud serial 3,3V|
|Range||: 200 meters|
|Frequency||: 31.25-250 kHz (200 kHz typical)|
|Transmission||: Two-way, half duplex|
|Sync procedure||: Auto-sync|
|Latency||: 1.5 – 2.5 sec|
|RoHS compliant||: Yes|
Downloads / Resources
|Document / File||Download||Link|
|3D STP and STL files|
|Certificate of origin|
|Export license declaration|
We have made a section dedicated to modems where you can read about how they work and other aspects.