The worlds smallest underwater locator device – by far!
With its extremely small size (like a thumb) it is very easy to integrate on even the smallest mini-ROVs.
Mini-ROVs and other underwater devices which use a twisted pair based tether.
- Extremely small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- No GPS based time-sync. This enables operation inside buildings where there is no GPS available. It also enables permanent submergion without the need to surface for new time-syncs.
- The Locator must be wired to the topside positioning computer through a dedicated twisted pair. This is usually acheived by dedicating a twisted pair in the ROV tether to the Locator-A1.
- The topside positioning computer needs to receive depth readings from the ROV through the supplied software API. Software example code is available for download here.
|Device diameter||: 20 mm|
|Device length||: 41 mm|
|Device weight (air)||: 30 grams|
|Depth rating||: 300 meters|
|Operating temperature||: -10 to 60 °C|
|ELECTRICAL / INTERFACE|
|Physical interface||: 1 meter open ended cable, 2 wires (analog signal), ø6.3 mm|
|Max cable length||: 300 meters (custom order)|
|Range||: R100 : 100 meter radius, 100 meter down
: R300 : 300 meter radius, 300 meter down
|RoHS compliant||: Yes|